The Southeastern Promise
"This is an amazing opportunity for students at the university. This will help students
not only succeed, but thrive at Southeastern!"
Madeline Kelly, Middle School Education Senior
A Guaranteed Path to Four-Year Graduation at Fixed Net Tuition Rate
The Southeastern Promise Scholarship is a commitment and guaranteed path to success
our students. Students can graduate in four years at the same, consistent tuition rate. The
Promise Scholarship program includes two main components: a fixed net tuition rate that will not
increase and the commitment to assist students with graduating in four years. This guarantee
allows students the benefit of knowing they can graduate in four years and plan their finances
How Does It Work?
- The student enrolls at Southeastern as a full-time beginning freshman in the Fall semester and enrolls in the Southeastern Promise program by the last class day of the Fall semester. Full-time enrollment excludes developmental classes.
- The student commits to selecting a baccalaureate, degree-seeking major before or during the spring semester of the first year of attendance, but no later than the Friday before priority registration for the upcoming summer and fall semesters. (See Semester Academic Calendar for registration dates.)
- The student commits to successful progress of 30 hours (25%) towards the selected degree program each year of attendance (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- The student, with guidance from an academic advisor, follows the prescribed curriculum program.
- The student maintains good academic standing and a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
Southeastern Louisiana University is committed to creating an educational environment in which student success can be ensured. In support of this goal, we strive to provide students with tools and resources needed to facilitate degree completion. The four year graduation component of the Southeastern Promise has been developed as a mechanism to help students identify and pursue clear paths for completing their undergraduate baccalaureate degree in a timely manner. Graduation within four academic years of initial fall enrollment at Southeastern is ensured conditioned upon the satisfaction of student eligibility requirements as outlined in the Four Year Graduation Plan.