The Southeastern Promise
"This is an amazing opportunity for students at the university. This will help students
not only succeed, but thrive at Southeastern!"
Madeline Kelly, Middle School Education Senior
A Guaranteed Path to Four-Year Graduation at Fixed Net Tuition Rate
The Southeastern Promise Scholarship represents a new level of commitment to our students. Students can graduate in four years at the same,consistent tuition rate. Southeastern's program includes two main components: a fixed net tuition rate that will not increase and a four year to degree commitment. This guarantee allows students the benefit of knowing they can graduate in four years and plan their finances accordingly. It is guaranteed path to success for students.
How Does It Work?
- The student enrolls at Southeastern as a freshman in Fall 2019 and enrolls in the Southeastern Promise program by the last class day of the Fall 2019 semester.
- The student commits to selecting a major before or during the spring semester of the first academic year, but no later than the Friday before priority registration for the upcoming summer and fall semesters. (See Spring 2020 Semester Academic Calendar for registration dates.)
- The student commits to make progress of 30 hours per year towards the selected degree program (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- The student, with guidance from an academic advisor, follows the prescribed curriculum program.
- The student maintains good academic standing and a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
Southeastern Louisiana University is committed to creating an educational environment in which student success can be ensured. In support of this goal, we strive to provide students with tools and resources needed to facilitate degree completion. The four year graduation component of the Southeastern Promise has been developed as a mechanism to help students identify and pursue clear paths for completing their undergraduate degree in a timely manner. Graduation within four academic years of initial fall enrollment at Southeastern is ensured conditioned upon the satisfaction of student eligibility requirements as outlined in the Four Year Graduation Plan.