Employee Spotlight Award
The Employee Spotlight Award program acknowledges employees who exemplify the University's Core Values everyday by demonstrating a positive attitude, resourcefulness, excellent customer service and/or completion of special projects.
Each month three employees, one faculty, one unclassified staff, and one classified staff member will be awarded The Employee Spotlight Award.
Who is eligible for the Employee Spotlight Award?
Anyone who is employed, both full-time and part-time, by Southeastern Louisiana University is eligible to receive the Spotlight Award.
What are the criteria for receiving the award?
Spotlight Awards are intended to acknowledge the contributions of individuals who go above and beyond the everyday scope of their responsibilities, or those who have particularly excelled in the execution of a job duty. These contributions might include, but are not limited to:
• Providing excellent customer service to students, faculty, or staff
• Producing high quality work under a tight deadline
• Keeping operations running smoothly during a time of transition
• Implementing a new system or procedure that saves time and/or money
• Fostering camaraderie and collaboration within a department
• Boosting morale or creating a positive, inclusive work environment
• Accomplishing a one-time, noteworthy achievement
What awards will the employee receive?
The employee will receive the following awards:
• Reserved parking spot on campus for the month of the award (you must possess a paid parking tag to receive this award)
• Article with picture published in the By-Lion
• Article posted to Human Resources Employee Spotlight web page
• Article displayed on campus electronic bulletin boards
How is an employee nominated for an Employee Spotlight Award?
Employees are nominated by other employees using the Human Resources Office official online form accessed here.