How Do I Take Courses Elsewhere

Any Southeastern student who wishes to take courses at another college or university should obtain prior approval from the dean and department head to ensure transferability and degree credit. Work taken concurrently will independently be subject to the same regulations as transfer work, and must meet the minimum scholastic requirements as set forth for Southeastern students per the university catalogue. It will be at the discretion of the dean / department head to determine if a course not previously approved may be used toward degree credit.

The Office of Admissions will assist with course elsewhere approval, where necessary and to the extent possible, cross reference numbers for the courses the student desires to take at another college/university and have transferred back to Southeastern.

To receive approval to take a course elsewhere and guarantee transferability and degree credit, please complete the Course Elsewhere Form below. Approvals will be routed to the appropriate department and you will receive an email confirmation once all approvals are obtained. For information on course equivalencies from schools located in Louisiana, please see the Master Course Articulation Matrix.