Southeastern now offering on campus events, private campus tours, and new virtual webinar series for future students
Friday, October 23, 2020
by: Tonya Lowentritt
PRIVATE TOUR – A Southeastern Louisiana University tour guide leads a private tour of campus. The tours are a personal one-on-one experience that include a one-hour student led walking tour of campus. Students also meet with an admissions counselor to review admissions, scholarships, and financial aid.
HAMMOND – Fall has arrived, and now is the time many high school seniors are
searching for a college. While October is the national college application month,
Southeastern Louisiana University is excited to provide future students many different
opportunities to explore their college options and experience campus life up close
The Office of Admissions is offering various events, both in person and virtually, for students and parents alike to get to know the university. A new enhanced virtual series of events doubles the opportunities for new students to connect with Southeastern. To explore all visit options, text “Lion Up” to 58052.
First up is Destination Southeastern, an event where high school seniors and transfer students are invited to visit campus with up to one guest for an overview of Southeastern. They will also receive admissions and financial aid information that will help in the application process. There are several dates for students and a parent to explore campus and gain detailed information about admission and financial aid application processes. To view the dates and register, visit southeastern.edu/connect.
Southeastern is also offering Academic Discovery Sessions for each of its five colleges at various dates through Dec. 12. Students can register for the academic college of their choice to learn about their major and career opportunities. They will have a chance to learn what it is like being a Southeastern student in and out of the classroom. Students will also learn first-hand from faculty in their major, as well as tour campus and the academic buildings, along with campus housing. Spots are limited, and early registration is required. Register and learn more at southeastern.edu/connect.
To protect the health of students and guests, Southeastern is offering a private tour with a limit of one student and up to two parents/guardians. While students tour the campus, they will learn about the college admission process. The Southeastern campus tour is a personal one-on-one experience that will include a one-hour student led walking tour of campus. Students will meet with an admissions counselor to go over admissions, scholarships, and financial aid. For more information or to register for a tour, call (985) 549-2244 or visit southeastern.edu/visit.
For those not comfortable with physically coming to campus, Southeastern has a variety of virtual options to get to know the university and the admissions process better. More details for each virtual event listed below are available at southeastern.edu/experience.
• Find Your Roar Webinar Series - Students will learn more about what Southeastern can offer them through interviews with various departments on campus to inform students of all available resources.
• University Overview and Virtual Tour Webinar - The 45-minute webinar will give a general overview about the university, a live virtual tour from a student tour guide, and illustrate what it is like being a student on campus.
• Admissions, Scholarship, and Financial Aid Webinar – This 30-minute webinar will cover admissions for every application type, provide information on how to receive scholarships at Southeastern, and review important information about qualifying for financial aid.
• 1-on-1 with an Admissions Recruiter – This is a personal conversation via Zoom, Google meet, or phone with an admissions recruiter about the path to becoming a Lion.
• Transfer Thursday Webinar – This webinar is offered every other Thursday with the transfer admissions counselor to review the application process, scholarship opportunities, credits transferring, and answer questions.
• Southeastern’s Virtual College Fair – The Virtual College Fair is offered Oct. 27, Nov. 10, and Dec. 8 from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. to meet virtually with the admissions staff. Through a Zoom meeting, the staff will assist students with applications, admissions, scholarships, or any questions. Registration is required.
For more information about Southeastern text “Lion Up” to 58052, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-222-7358.