Thank you for your interest in Southeastern's Add-On Certification Programs. Certified teachers in Louisiana may add-on additional certifications to their teaching certificate by completing requirements found in Bulletin 746: Louisiana Standards for State Certification of School Personnel.
The Graduate Handbook provides important information about how to register for classes, how advising work, etc. Students admitted to the Add-On Certification program are considered graduate students.
Add-on Certification Programs
- Academically Gifted Education (Requires that you have a master's degree.)
- Adapted Physical Education
- All-Level (K-12) Area Add-On
- Early Interventionist Birth to Five Add-On
- Education Diagnostician (Requires that you have a master's degree in an education area.)
- Elementary Add-On
- English as Second Language
- Middle School 4-8 Specialty Area Add-On
- Reading Specialist (Requires that you have a master's degree.)
- Secondary Specialty 6-12 Area Add-On (NCLB)
- Secondary Specialty 6-12 Area Add-On (Non-NCLB)
- Special Education Mild/Moderate (1-5)
- Special Education Mild/Moderate (4-8 and 6-12)
- Special Education Severe/Profound (Significant Disabilities)
- School Librarian
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
To apply for add-on certification, a current and valid teaching certificate is required. You will apply as a graduate student, but then select that you are applying for a non-degree program during the application process.
Please contact the Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Susan Zimlich at email@example.com with questions.