Global Wildlife Endowed Scholarship in Biology
The scholarship was established by Ken Matherne, owner of Global Wildlife Center in Folsom, Louisiana to assist a student majoring in Biology. Global Wildlife Center was established to provide education about wildlife, conservation and endangered species.
1. Must be majoring in Biology
2. Must be of good morale character
3. Minimum high school GPA of 3.25 or minimum college GPA of 3.0
Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Herpetology
The purpose of the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology is to provide financial support to a deserving student who is attending Southeastern Louisiana University and majoring in Biology or an Art student working with photography of reptiles and amphibians or any other Biology related program.
1. Minimum GPA of 2.5 for college student
2. Minimum GPA of 2.75 for beginning freshman
3. Biology major or art student working with photography of biology-related subjects
4. Student must be of good moral character
5. Student must have financial need
6. Student must be enrolled full-time
7. Scholarship may be used to help fund field research for the selected student
Brandon Buras Memorial Scholarship
The Brandon Buras Memorial Scholarship is awarded to full-time seniors from Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena, or Washington parish that have been accepted into medical school.
1. Must be a senior, pre-med student
2. Must be in the process of being evaluated by the Medical Evaluation Committee
3. Must be a native of Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena, or Washington parish
4. Must have graduated from a high school located in Tangipahoa, Livingston, St. Helena, or Washington Parish
William and Alice Calloway Scholarship in Biological Sciences
1. Must be a United States citizen
2. Must be a Biological Sciences graduate student
3. Preference is for a married student
Major Kenneth E. Dyson Memorial Scholarship
The Major Kenneth E. Dyson Memorial Scholarship is awarded each spring to Southeastern graduates that have been accepted into medical or dental school. A minimum overall GPA of 3.2 is required to be eligible.
Students accepted into medical or dental school should notify the pre-medical advisor via email in order to claim the award. Please include copy of the acceptance letter/email.
The Major Kenneth E. Dyson Memorial Scholarship is awarded at the end of the spring semester. Students who notify the pre-medical advisor after the award will be included in next year's award.
1. Must be a senior pre-med student
2. Pre-med students from Southeastern enrolled at any accredited medical school
3. Minimum 3.2 overall GPA
Dr. William Font Endowed Scholarship in Graduate Level Biological Sciences
1. Must be enrolled at the Graduate level
2. Must be studying for an advanced degree in Biological Sciences
Nancy Kathryn O'Neil Memorial Scholarship
The Nancy Kathryn O'Neil Memorial Scholarship is awarded to full-time science majors from the Northshore (Tangipahoa & St. Tammany parish) that intend to apply to medical, dental, or veterinary school.
1. Must be enrolled full-time at Southeastern
2. For a pre-med, pre-dentistry, or pre-veterinary medicine student majoring in a science (Biology, Physics, or Chemistry)
3. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
4. Must reside in the Northshore area (includes St. Tammany & Tangipahoa Parishes)
James Ramspott Memorial Scholarship in Biology
The scholarship was established by the family and friends of Joseph Ramspott in his memory. Ramspott, who was preparing to graduate from Southeastern with a Master’s degree in Biology, when he was tragically killed in an accident in the spring of 2004. The scholarship will support a junior or senior in biology.
1. Minimum 2.20 college GPA
2. Student must be a junior or senior undergraduate or a graduate student majoring in Biology
3. Student must be of good moral character
4. Student must have financial need
5. Student must be enrolled full-time at SLU
6. Scholarship may be used to help fund field research for the selected student
William F. Sherman Memorial Scholarship
The William F. Sherman Memorial Scholarship is awarded to full-time seniors (85+ hours) applying to medical school that demonstrate a financial need. Preference is given to a student with a proven work history during college. A minimum overall GPA of 3.30 is required to apply. This scholarship is a one-time award and is not renewable.
1. Must be a senior, pre-med student
2. Senior standing (minimum of 85 hours)
3. Demonstrated financial need
4. Brief written statement addressing financial need and how they would benefit from the scholarship
5. Must have or be in the process of applying to medical school
6. Minimum GPA of 3.3
7. Preference will be given to a student with a proven work history while in college
Other Scholarship Resources:
For more information:
Biology Building, Room 421
808 N. Pine Street Ext.
P.O. Box 10736
Hammond, LA 70402