Patricia Saik Collection
Folder 1: Personal Collection
- Inventory list. 2 pages.
- Southeastern Louisiana University Spring 1973 Commencement program
- News clippings, Saik family (2 items)
- Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies annual newsletter, The Centerpiece, Winter 2010-2011 edition
- Southeastern High School Class of 1965 50th Reunion materials. Includes obituaries and yearbook materials. (33 items)
- University of Alabama Law School information. Includes 1968 University Catalogue and a 1972 news clipping featuring Patricia Saik.
- Page from a lined notebook, handwritten. “Directions to Thomas’ House.” N.d.
Folder 2: Saik & Lutife family genealogy
- Photocopied U.S. Census, June 1900. Includes Saik ancestry information. (2 items)
- Emile Saik death certificate. 8/17/1940. (photocopy)
- Elias Saik death certificate. 5/16/1924. (photocopy)
- Saleem Emile Saik death certificate. 3/23/1991. (photocopy)
- News clipping, Elias Saik death notice. 1924. (photocopy)
- Elias Saik draft registration card, September 1918. (photocopy)
- Various photocopied news clippings relating to the Saik family. (5 items)
- Photograph of unidentified girl.
- Ellis Island American Immigrant Wall of Honor information, regarding Menna Abdelnour Lutife. 2007. (4 items)
- Handwritten census information, Elias Saik family. (2 items)
- Abdelnour family immigration records, photocopied. (5 items)
- Saik family obituary records. (3 items)
- Lutife family records & census information. (11 items)
- Lutife-Saik U.S. Public Records information, photocopied. (7 items)
- Saik family federal census records, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, photocopied. (22 items)
- Emile Saik WWI draft registration card, photocopied. (2 items)
- Bound book, “The Amazing Saik New World Registry,” compiled by Sharon Taylor, 1986.
Folder 3: Mayor Sam Saik
- Copies of Louisiana Municipal Review, June 1966 (10 pages). Copy of telegram from Richard Nixon, 25 March 1969. Copies of speech (5 pages). Copy of telegram to Sam Saik, 6 April 1969. Copy of envelope front. Copy of telegram to Sam Saik, 15 August 1969. Copy of State-Times article, “Hammond Mayor Says Everyone Should Enter Politics Once,” 15 November 1963 (7 pages). Copy of Daily Star article, “Gewalt buries downtown plans,” 4 September 1988 (6 pages). Copy of typewritten speech, 4 pages. Copy of newspaper article, “Our Mayor – Sam Saik,” 16 March 1967 (2 copies). Copy of newspaper article, “Negroes on the March,” dated 13 August 1967. Copy of newspaper article, “Official Count Given In Election.” Copy of article, “In defense of Mayor Saik.” Copy of page from The Daily Star, 25 July 1975.
- Receipt to Sam Saik, 23 January 1959. World Book Encyclopedia Budget Payment Book. Envelope from the World Book Encyclopedia.
- Essay, “Remembering Saleem.” 6 pages. 2 copies.
- “Re-elect Sam Saik” campaign cards. 4 copies.
- Invitation to campaign event for Sam Saik, 24 April 1973.
- “Highlights of Hammond and its Government.” League of Women voters of Hammond, Louisiana.
- “Saik it to ‘em” campaign card, 3 copies. “Re-elect Sam Saik” campaign card, 5 April 1969. Three photographs of Sam Saik.
- Newspaper article and photograph, “Hammond City Council.”
- Sun 18, “Hammond Elects Saik Mayor by Eight Votes.”
- The Sunday Star, “A Hammond hero: Sam Saik,” 9 October 2016.
- CD labeled “Mayor Saik Photos.”
- Donation papers, 2012. Includes letter from Patricia Saik, donation agreement, and list of contents in the “Mayor Saleem ‘Sam’ Emile Sail Collection. 22 pages.
- WWII Museum Donation, 2008. Includes donation agreement, envelope, letter to Patricia Saik; receipt and copy of handwritten note; “Silk Parachuet Peignoir” by Patricia Saik, 3 pages; copies of donated documents, 8 pages; miscellaneous handwritten notes; “Remember the Peddler”; copy of enlistment records for Saleem Saik, 6 pages.
- Property transfer, Lebanon 2012. Copies of legal documents, 9 pages.
- Copy of travel guide for Wales, 12 pages.
- Small notebook.
- Seven postcards from Scotland, 2012.
- Ticket stub.
- Guide to Madrid.
- Fax between Patricia Saik and Thomas Harrison regarding travel expenses, Spain 2016. (5 items)
- Typed document, packing list for Spain.
- Typed itinerary, “Espana con Thomas y Patricia.” (2 copies). 6 pages.
- Printed document, Travel Guard trip insurance information. 9 pages.
- Compilation of documents relating to Spain trip, 2016. Includes schedules, flight/hotel/transportation information, maps, and correspondences. 60 pages.
- Printouts from miscellaneous travels of Patricia Saik, including information from Morocco trip, 2008/2013. 6 pages.
- Postcard to Denise Saik.
- Letter and envelope to Patti, Debbie, and Denise Saik, 10 August 1961.
- Letter to Denise Saik, 5/29/61.
- Certificate of Promotion to Denise Saik from the Grace Memorial Church, 8 September 1963.
- Photograph of a group of children.
- Diploma to Denise Saik from the Tangipahoa Parish Library for Books of Literary Merit.
- Picture of a Denise Saik.
- Headshots of the Saik girls. 16 items.
- 16 Magazine.
- Newspaper article and pictures, “Episcopal Day School, Continued.”
- “Oh! What a Beautiful Morning” Presented by Episcopal Day School, 12 May 1961.
- Card to Denise Saik.
- Promotion certificate. Denise Saik, 4th grade to 5th Grace Memorial Episcopal Church School. 1965.
- Campbell, Edna. Our Cherished Roots: Hammond’s Centennial Trail, 1889-1989. Baton Rouge: Damon Press, 1987.
- “Ninth Annual Agri-Dustrial Futurama.” 16-19 April 1970.
- Hammond Centennial, 1889-1989. 15 October 1989. Published by the Hammond Daily Star.
- “Born and Raised in the South…Hammond, LA.” 1 January 2009. 85 pages.
- Handwritten notes from interview with Joe Tomasovsky, October 2015. 14 pages.
- Copy of email correspondence between Pat Saik and Christine Saucier, 2003. 4 pages. Handwritten note attached.
- Three miscellaneous handwritten notes.
- Photograph of the Irish Bayou Castle. Negative strip. Photograph receipt. Envelope.
- Handwritten sheet identifying Saucier family members in the photographs. Nine photographs of the Irish Bayou Castle. Manila envelope.
- Handwritten contact information of potential interviewees for the Highway 90 Project. 2 pages.
- “Rest Stop at Sunset” identification label.
- Handwritten notes. 2 pages.
- Postcard made from a photograph taken by Patricia Saik. 2 copies.
- Two notecards made from photographs by Patricia Saik. Three cards of six photographs used to make notecards.
- Photograph of Pat Saik.
- Typed biographical information. 2 pages.
- “Taking the Old Way” Exhibit by Pat Saik.
- Five photographs of the Chef Menteur Highway.
- Funeral program for Alice Johnson Green.
- Funeral program for Walter Wade Welch.
- Copy of obituary for Walter Wade Welch, 20 February 2010.
- Funeral program for Dorothy Faye Waldrup.
- “The Story of a Friendship.” Six typed pages.
- Two pages of poems.
- “April Day,” 1933. Copy of handwritten page.
- Copies of Morning Advocate 8 pages.
- Times-Picayune, Section B. 22 July 2012.
- Newspaper article, “New Orleans Know It All.”
- Times-Picayune, “The Battle for Fort Jackson.”
- Times-Picayune, 28 November 2003. Obituaries.
- Newspaper article, “Fall Forward.”
- Twenty-two photographs of HWY 90, 11 January 2001 and 17 January 2001. Six handwritten notes.
- Eighteen photographs of the Venice Carnival.
- Twenty-one photographs of HWY 90 and Fort Pike, 11 January 2001. Seven handwritten notes.
- Twenty-five photographs of HWY 90/190, Pearl River Bridge, and cemetery. Four handwritten notes.
- DVD labeled “Pat’s Prints 8-28-13.”
- Unlabeled DVD.
- Three DVDs labeled “Pat Saik’s Photos Jan.Feb.2001.”
- Twelve landscape photographs inside Coast Electric envelope.
- Twenty-five photographs of HWY 11 and Dauphin Island, 8 & 9 February 2001. Three handwritten notes.
- Twenty-three photographs of the Vietnamese community in New Orleans East, 30 January 2001. Three handwritten notes.
- Nineteen photographs of HWY 11 Irish Bayou, 1 February 2001. Five handwritten notes.
- Twenty-one photographs, 27 January 2001. Four handwritten notes.
- Three photographs of HWY 90, 27 & 30 January 2001. Six handwritten notes.
- Twenty-four photographs of HWY 90 and Monroville. Handwritten note.
- Negative strip with handwritten note inside envelope.
- Three handwritten notes.
- Four photographs for the HWY 90 project.
- Five proof pages of negatives. Twenty negative strips. Envelope and handwritten notes.
- Three handwritten notes.
- Six landscape photographs. Handwritten note.
- Two landscape photographs. Handwritten note.
- Landscape photograph. Negative strip. Handwritten note.
- Negative strip. Handwritten note,” HWY 11 rotting boat house.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “foggy morning & Rigolets bridge.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Ft. Pike.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “beach.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Rest Stop at Sunset.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “HWY 11 fish camp.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Roll 96497.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Camp on Lake Borgne.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Viet.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Trio of fish camps.”
- Negative strip. Handwritten note, “Highway of Dreams.”
- “Diary of Photographs.”
- Two small notebooks.
- Thirty-six color slides, January 2001. Blank negative strip. Envelope with three handwritten notes.
- Twenty-one landscape photographs. Seven negative strips. Envelope.
- Fifty-five negative strips. Eleven proof pages of negatives. Handwritten note. Envelope.
- Handwritten note.
- Thirty negative strips. Six proof pages of negatives. Envelope.
- Four handwritten notes.
- Legal pad labeled “HWY 90 Book.”
- “Chef Menteur Highway” typed essay. 3 pages.
- The Historian of Hancock County, September 2002.
- The Historian of Hancock County, July 2002.
- Three handwritten notes.
- Copies pages from Louisiana: A Guide to the State, Hastings House 1971. 4 pages.
- Copied pages from “New Orleans City Guide,” American Guide Series, 1938. 4 pages.
- Copied pages from Louisiana’s Loss, Mississippi’s Gain by Robert G. Scharff, 1999. 8 pages. Handwritten note.
- Two handwritten notes.
- Copies of various articles and programs about the Bay St. Louis Bridge. 7 pages. Handwritten note.
- Copied pages from the “Old Spanish Trail Travelog, March 1929,” 5 pages.
- Copied pages from Dreaming in Clay on the Coast of Mississippi by Christopher Maurer. 11 pages. Two handwritten notes.
- 13 Handwritten notes.
- Copy of article, “Glory Road and its Storied Past,” 22 July 2001. 4 pages.
- Four copies of “Chef Menteur Highway” essay. 9 pages.
- Four handwritten notes.
- Answer to a question from Pat Saik in “Blake Pontchartrain” column.
- Typed essay “My Miss Brooks.” 4 pages.
- Typed essay “Recollections in a Jewelry Box.” 2 pages.
- 18 handwritten notes.
- Three copied pages from Louisiana: A Guide to the State.
- Printout, information on U.S. Route 90 in Louisiana. 4 items.
- Printout, information on Chef Menteur Highway. 3 items.
- Handwritten note.
- Copies from Alabama Heritage Winter 1998. 15 pages.
- The Historian of Hancock County, June 2003.
- Copies from Mississippi: The WPA Guide to the Magnolia State. 19 pages.
- Copy of “US Highway 90 History,” Mississippi Department of Transportation. 3 pages.
- Copy of “Good Roads: Building the ‘Old Spanish Trail,’” Mississippi History Now. 7 pages.
- Copy of “New highrise Rigolets bridge opens,” nola.com. 5 pages.
- Copy of “Old Spanish Trail Transcontinental Highway.” 8 pages.
- Copy of “Past Perfect,” New Orleans Camps.
- Copy of “Rebuilding Camps…,” New Orleans Camps.
- Copy of “After Katrina,” New Orleans Camps. 2 pages.
Folder 20: Newspaper Clippings
- “Adventures in the Tennessee Valley,” ND.
- “St. Michael’s Church celebrates 30 years,” dated 27 August 1994.
- “Greater Mount Zion celebrates century,” dated 27 August 1994.
- “Local Artist receives Mississippi Arts Commission Fellowship,” ND.
- “Blake Pontchartrain: New Orleans Know-It-All” column, ND.
- Times-Picayune, “1919: Chef Menteur a deserted dirt road,” 24 December 1994.
- “Century-Old Sentry,” ND.
- Times-Picayune, “Piering into the future?” 10 September 2003.
- Times-Picayune, “Cleaning up Chef,” 5 February 2001.
- “Mansfield memories,” 25 June 2001.
- Times-Picayune, “Commuters defend bridge,” 16 April 2001.
- “Cleaning up Chef will take more than a bill,” dated 4-21-01.
- “The Bald Facts,” ND.
- Gambit Weekly, “Blake Pontchartrain,” 5 June 2001.
- “Preserve’s backers vow to crash track plans,” dated 6-14-01.
- Times-Picayune, 6 August 2001.
- Times-Picayune, “US highway a time warp of a road,” 3 September 2001.
- Times-Picayune, “To hear America sing, take the Music Highway,” dated 7 October 2001.
- Times-Picayune, “Hurricanes no match for winds of change,” 27 November 1994.
- Times-Picayune, “Guiding US along the River Road,” 12-7-01.
- Times-Picayune, “‘Island’ residents seek end to fouled waters,” 16 December 2001.
- “Grant is good news for…,” ND.
- Times-Picayune, “The Call of the Coast,” 10 March 2002.
- Times-Picayune, “Rigolets bridge contract nearer.” 4 April 2002. 2 copies.
- Times-Picayune, “Theodore Roosevelt’s Local Legacy,” 12 March 2003.
- Times-Picayune, “Camps close in on legal title,” 12 March 2003.
- Community, “The Coastal Road Ain’t There No More,” 25 April 2009.
- Picayune, “Chef Highway makes an interesting trip,” 28 June 2007. Handwritten note.
- American Weekly. Flags of all 50 U.S. States. May 1959.
Folder 21: Hurricane Katrina
- Various 5x7 photographs of the destruction and aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. 24 items.
- Small handwritten note from Cynthia (possibly Cynthia Hebert) to Patricia Saik. 12/02/2005.
- Invitation to the 3rd Anniversary celebration of Bay Books in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. 9/11/2009.
- Various news clipping and magazines about Hurricane Katrina aftermath and recovery on the Gulf Coast. 7 items.
Folder 22: Medical and Personal Records - RESTRICTED ACCESS: DIRECTOR'S DISCRETION
- Medical records for Patricia Saik. Fall 2019. 15 items.
- Various documents and correspondences between Patricia Saik and The Louisiana State Bar Association. 2009. 6 items.
- Typed document regarding Power of Attorney & genealogical research on the Saik & Lutife families. 7 items.
- Southeastern High School Class of 1965 spreadsheet.
- Several black & white photos of Patricia Saik, wearing a wig and costume in Venice, Italy. N.d. 4 items.
- Photocopies of a handwritten diary. Mentions Denise and Patricia Saik during their various travels in Europe, early-mid 1990s. Author unknown. 18 pages.
- Photocopied document, Mineral and Royalty Deed. Document was mailed from Cynthia Hebert to Patricia Saik in January 2013. Includes a note from C.H. to P.S., as well as information regarding legal matters re: Mineral and Royalty Deed from 2004. 3 items.
- Printed document, short story or excerpt from longer work. No additional information included, including date or author. 2 pages.
Loose in Box:
- Four rolls of film. Three mini cassettes.
Folder 1: Personal correspondence from Jeax-Christophe Agnew, 2008-2017 (14 items).
Folder 2: Personal correspondence and photographs from Joy Austin, 2006-2015 (14 items).
Folder 3: Personal correspondence and mementos from Judith Beyer, 2013-2015 (15 items).
Folder 4: Personal correspondence and photographs from Allen Tullos, Thomas Harrison, Cynthia Blakely, and Hannah Rose Blakely (43 items).
Folder 5: Personal correspondence from Hank Caddell, 2005-2018 (15 items).
Folder 6: Personal correspondence and mementos from Susan Danos, 2005-2016 (5 items).
Folder 7: Personal correspondence and photographs from Hajjar/Hughes family, 2005-2018 (15 items).
Folder 8: Personal correspondence and photographs from Cynthia Hebert and Patricia Carter, 2006-2019 (29 items).
Folder 9: Personal correspondence from Hope Himel, 2009-2017 (5 items).
Folder 10: Personal correspondence from Barbara Kahl, 2005-2019 (21 items).
Folder 1: Personal correspondence from Jim and Joan Leonard, 2010-2016 (9 items).
Folder 2: Personal correspondence from Andy and Carol Lindsey, 2005-2019 (22 items).
Folder 3: Personal correspondence from Rhoda and Eula McGraw, 2007-2015 (10 items).
Folder 4: Personal correspondence from Mary Ann Rich, 2008-2019 (20 items).
Folder 5: Personal correspondence and newspaper clippings from Harriet Swift, 2007-2018 (40 items).
Folder 6: Personal correspondence from Tony Harrison, 2006-2016 (6 items).
Folder 7: Personal correspondence from the Samaha family, 2007-2017 (7 items).
Folder 8: Personal correspondence from Jacqueline Vidrine, 2016 (2 items).
Folder 9: Personal correspondence and photograph from Donna Waid, 2005 (2 items).
Folder 10: Personal correspondence from the Waldrup family, 2007-2012 (2 items).
Folder 11: Personal correspondence from the Woodward family, 2009-2018 (9 items).
Folder 12: Personal correspondence and mementos from the Zlotnik/Hultberg family, 2010-2018 (12 items).
Folder 13: Miscellaneous personal correspondence, 2006-2017 (9 items).
Folder 14: Miscellaneous personal correspondences.
- Postcard from “Kip” to Denise Saik. July 1967 – June 1968. 4 items.
- Postcard from “Jean” to Denise Saik. June 1968.
- Handwritten letter to “Nini” from Debora Saik. Envelope addressed to Denise Saik. February 1970.
- Newsletter, “What’s New at Noo Noo & Company.” Spring 1995 issue.
- Blank postcards featuring scenery from Downtown Hammond and surrounding areas (Tangipahoa River, Magnolia Street). 3 items.
- Card to Denise Saik from a clothing boutique, Gavin Clothing. 2 items.
- Invitation to The Order of the Coif Chapter, University of Alabama Law School Annual Breakfast, July 16, 2010. Addressed to Ms. Patricia Saik.
- Handwritten note from “Tombo” to “Nini” about a visit to the zoo. Also includes a cut-out newspaper photo of a young woman in a wedding gown. N.d.
- Valentine’s Day greeting card. Includes a newspaper photo of the same young woman. N.d.
- Envelope addressed to “Misses Patti, Debbie, and Denise Saik” from “S & M Saik,” Hollywood, CA. April 1961.
Folder 1: Essay to Faulkner Contest 2011 ‘My Love Affair with the Chef Menteur Highway’
- Seven drafts of “My Love Affair with the Chef Menteur Highway” (28 pages).
- “2011 Guidelines: William Faulkner – William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition” from Pirate’s Alley Faulkner Society (6 pages).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 2: Highway 90 Project Essay and Publications
- Life & Literature in the Global Village, “Words & Music: A Literary Feast in New Orleans, November 9 – November 13, 2011.”
- “Sponsors Pass Receipts” for “Words & Music” for Hariett Swift and Patricia Saik, 2011 (2 pages).
- Handwritten notes from “Words & Music” (6 pages).
- Newspaper clipping, “Chef, Rigolets history chronicled in book” by Kelly King. Handwritten note attached.
- Map of Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in late 1950s.
- Map of Hancock County, Mississippi.
Folders 3-9: Highway 90 Research – Interviews
Folder 3: Billy Richards
- Envelope addressed to Patricia Saik from William G. Richards, May 9, 2002.
- “Conveyances of Title to Elmwood Manor” from Hancock County Historical Society.
- Handwritten notes from interview with Billy Richards, April 2, 2002 (2 pages).
- Handwritten notes from interview with Billy Richards, April 21, 2002 (2 pages).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 4: Bobby Crochet
- Microcassette tape, 4/17/02, Bobby Crochet interview.
- Handwritten notes from interview with Bobby Crochet, 4/17/02 (1 page).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 5: Lucille Luke
- Microcassette tape, Lucille Luke interview, 4/24/02.
- Newspaper clipping, Lucille Morel Luke obituary, November 28, 2003.
- Handwritten notes from Lucille Luke interview (1 page).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 6: Rich Waldsmith
- Microcassette tape, Rich Waldsmith interview, 1/14/02.
- Typed notes of Rich Waldsmith interview, 1/14/02 (5 pages).
- Handwritten scrap note on envelope.
- Handwritten notes of Rich Waldsmith interview 1/14/02 (2 pages).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 7: Charlene Schneider
- Handwritten scrap note, 4/18/02.
- Handwritten page “Charleneisms” 4/18/02.
- Copy of page 68 from Writer’s Market 2000.
- Handwritten scrap note.
- Handwritten notes from Charlene Schneider interview, March 12, 2002 (6 pages).
- Scrap note on envelope.
- “A Look Back” essay by Charlene Schneider (2 pages).
- Letter from Charlene Schneider to Councilman Johnny Jackson, March 19, 1987 (4 pages).
- Handwritten notes from interview with Charlene Schneider, January 22, 2002 (1 page).
- Labeled folder.
Folder 8: Mildred Fossier
- Handwritten notes (2 pages).
- Newspaper clipping, “Unexpected strategies did the job,” dated 11/24/03.
- Newspaper article, “Tree Hugger!” May 9, 2004.
- Labeled folder.
Folder 9: Tat & Larry Eustis
- Envelope from Lawrence Eustis to Patricia Saik.
- Microcassette of Larry and Tat Eustis interview, March 2, 2002.
- Typed transcript of interview of Tat and Larry Eustis, March 2, 2002 (24 pages).
- Letter from Tat and Larry to Pat Saik, February 22, 2002.
- Labeled folder.
- Photograph album containing 24 photographs
- 7 negative strips
- CD dated May 08, 2007.
- Five snow residence photographs, 2007.
- Eight miscellaneous photographs, 1990-2013.
- Five photographs of Thomas Harrison, 2006.
- Three pages of home improvement photographs, 2008.
- Photograph of Patricia Saik modeling (2 copies).
- Ten pages of photographs from Patricia Saik’s birthday party.
- Printed copy of an email containing a photograph of a young girl.
- Photograph of Father Ray Remke and Tom Carter at the St. Ann’s Seafood Festival.
- Page of pictures of residence.
- Picture of Patricia Saik.
- Six photographs and 15 index prints of Wales and England, 2008.
- CD “Wales-England 2008.”
- SD card “Wales England May 2008 351 Images.”
- Thirty photographs of Scotland, 2012.
- Coupon for Modern Art and Design Museum; four bus ticket stubs.
- Twenty-four photographs of Amsterdam, May 2013.
- Coaster from the Grand Hotel in Amsterdam.
- Ticket to the Anne Frank House.
- Beer advertisement.
- Twenty-three photographs from Thomas Harrison of Amsterdam and Paris, May 2013.
- CD and 14 index prints, “Italy Feb. 2008.”
- SD card “Rome Venice Feb. 2008.”
- SD card “Turkey Dec. 2007.”
Folder 20: Saik Family Photographs
- Sam Saik and Doc on German Mark-5 tank.
- Sam Saik in uniform.
- Uncle George Lutife (RT) and unidentified man in uniform.
- Four men in uniform in Europe: Sam Saik; Joe DeSalvo, Independence, LA; unknown; Norman Samaha, brother-in-law.
- Five men in uniform. Left to right: Ralph, Tony, Tiny, Jerry, and Sam Saik.
- Sitto, George, and Margie (married girlfriend) standing.
- Georgette and Ellis Saik and unknown man standing in front of fountain.
- Sam Saik on motorcycle.
- Uncle Geroge, Lucille Lutife, and Georgette Lutife at the 1939 New York World’s Fair.
- Georgette and George Lutife in uniform.
- George Lutife in uniform.
- Ellis, Georgette, girlfriend Libby, and Lt. Hudal in front of fountain.
- Hudal, girlfriend Libby, unknown officer, and Ellis standing in a park.
- Receipt for payment for hotel room, 11-7-45.
- Wassila, friend of Georgette, standing in front of rosebush, Phoenix, Arizona, April 1952.
- Wassila and Mitchell Lutife in front of car, Phoenix, Arizona, March 1952.
- Georgette and Elaine Rayess standing on doorstep.
- Najla, Walter, Minerva, and Wassila in a house, N. Y., November 1952.
- Portrait of George Lutife.
- Elizabeth Saik holding baby Michael Geha, Norman Saik’s nephew, May 1945.
- Aunt Vi and her daughter Janis on a swing.
- Sitto and baby in front of a house.
- Baby portrait of Patricia Elizabeth Saik.
- Georgette in Ohio sitting on a porch in front of a car.
- Georgette sitting in the Saik yard, Cypress St., Hammond, approximately 1943.
- Georgette sitting on a bench swing with Pattie.
- Patti in a baby carriage in front of the old Saik home, 605 W. Thomas St., Hammond.
- Patti in a baby carriage with sister Debbie standing beside her.
- Patti standing next to a car at the Saik home on W. Thomas St., 1948.
- Uncle Eli Lutife holding daughter Debby, “11 Weeks” written on the back.
- Aunt Vi with three children, Janis, Debora Katherine, and Patti at the Saik home on W. Thomas St., Hammond.
- Georgette with baby Denise and Patti in a dress, 1955 (picture is scribbled over).
- “Saik It To ‘Em” cards. 2 copies.
- Color photograph of Sam Saik in a hat and smoking a cigar in front of window and cabinets, early 1970s.
- Color photograph of Sam and Georgette Saik in front of green refrigerator, early 1970s.
- Color photograph of Georgette, Sitto, and Maude (married to Sitto’s brother George) visiting Toledo, 1959.
- Sam and Georgette Saik standing over stove. 2 copies.
- Georgette, Debbie, and Patti sitting on steps while visiting Toledo as children.
- Denise and Patti in bathing suits.
- Patti, Sam, Denise, and Debbie on Easter 1959.
- Patti, Debbie, Denise, and Sam visiting California orange grove in 1963.
Folder 21: Saik Family Photographs, cont.
- Kindergarten class including Patti.
- Patti and Sam, early 1960s, possibly Easter. 2 copies. “Notice the height” written on the back.
- Sam and the three girls on Easter.
- Polaroid of Sam and the three girls.
- Patti and Basil Owen Sweat at junior prom, 1965. 2 copies.
- School picture of Patti, aged about 10-12.
- Picture of Patti dated 1963. “Love, Patti” written on the front.
- Senior portrait of Patti, 1965.
- Saik family picture.
- Six polaroid photographs of Patti Saik’s graduation, September 1965.
- Picture of Sam Saik seated at his desk during his third term as mayor, May 1967.
- Sam Saik and Fire Chief Bonnie Collura in front of the “Sam Saik Room” sign in the Central Fire Station #1 in Hammond.
- Sam Saik, Captain Joe Drago, Harry Ridset, Pat King, and unknown in front of the “Sam Saik Room” sign in the Central Fire Station #1 in Hammond.
- Sam Saik and unknown in front of the “Sam Saik Room” sign in the Central Fire Station #1 in Hammond.
- Sam and Georgette Saik at the Fire and Police Banquet in 1973.
- Five men in front of Southeastern Louisiana University bus. Left to Right: Buddy Billups, unknown, President of Southeastern Louisiana University, unknown, and Sam Saik.
- “Re-Elect No. 4 Sam Saik” advertisement card.
- Picture of Patti, Devon, and Uncle Eli, 11/27/81.
- Picture of Patti, Devon, Uncle Eli, and Uncle Mitch, 11/27/81.
- Polaroid of the three girls at the new house, 1419 University Drive in 1965.
- Polaroid of Patti and Debbie at the new house, 1965.
- Polaroid of Debbie, age 19.
- Patti Saik and Newman Strawbridge.
- Picture of a house. “56 Vanderhord Chas, 1984” written on the back.
- Three blurry pictures of a house.
Folder 22: Saik Family Photographs, cont.
- Purchaser’s Receipt for Sarah Saik, 6 April 1959.
- Tinted black and white portrait of a young girl.
- Debutante photograph.
- Graduation photographs of Patti and her parents. 2 copies.
- Four pages of description of photographs.
- Title page of binder.
Folder 23: Photographs of the HWY 90 Project, 2000-2002
- 46 photographs of scenery, bridges, and buildings along HW
- Y 90.
Loose in Box:
- Pearls: Myths and Memories of Hancock County by The Renaissance Project.
- Vanney, Arriolla “Bonnie.” An Island Between the Chef and Rigolets. Slidell: Dudley Smith Printing, 2003.
- Bay St. Louis Mississippi: Celebrating the First 300 Years by the Hancock Country Historical Society, 1998
- The 1942 Gumbo. LSU Yearbook.