Center for Faculty Excellence
Welcome Back Week!
AUGUST 12 - 16, 2019
Exciting events are planned to welcome you back and kick-start your semester!
- MONDAY - MOODLE BOOT CAMP - Members of the CFE Team will host an entire day of Moodle Training on the day before your official day back to avoid scheduling conflicts. You may elect to attend one or more of the sessions. Seating is limited, so register now.
- TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY - (all day) - TEACHING STUDIO OPEN HOUSE - Stop by the Center's new Teaching Studio (Mims 104) and learn how this resource can help you create innovative and exciting videos for your online and face-to-face classes. Refreshments will be served.
- WEDNESDAY - NEW FACULTY ORIENTATION - A full day of informational sessions are planned for new faculty.
- THURSDAY - Plan to attend workshops on GOOGLE TOOLS, MOODLE, AND GRANT FUNDING THROUGH THE CENTER. Seating is limited, so register now.
- FRIDAY - Annual University Convocation (11:00 a.m.) - Student Union Grand Ballroom
ABOUT THE CENTER: Since our inception in 1997, the Center has been dedicated to the support, promotion, and enhancement of teaching and learning at Southeastern. We realize that our University's most valuable asset is our dedicated faculty.
In the Center you will find available computers; a cozy spot to read, study, collaborate, or reflect; and a welcoming staff. You can interact with our staff and your colleagues on solutions and strategies for meeting the biggest faculty challenges.
The Center provides online resources and face-to-face training opportunities on a variety of topics including Moodle, student engagement, assessment, course design, and the use of technology in the classroom. We can also help you prepare for an upcoming conference presentation by printing your poster and/or offering laptop and projector check-out through our faculty loaner policy. The Center also provides internal grants to support travel for faculty presentations and teaching and research initiatives.
We invite you to visit the Center in Mims Hall, 114. Our enthusiastic and experienced staff is eager to meet and assist you with all aspects of academic life.
Check the Center's calendar for upcoming events.
We want to hear from you!
Online Resources and Training
The Center offers a variety of online resources through its Moodle course and our site license to Magna Campus. The Magna Campus Southeastern Louisiana University Edition is powered by Magna Publications. Resources include Magna Commons & 20 Minute Mentor Commons, The Teaching Professor Newsletter and Online Classroom Newsletter.
To access our course and the Magna Campus subscriptions, log in to Moodle and choose the Center for Faculty Excellence as your "Course category".