Forms and Instructions
Southeastern's University Curriculum Council (UCC) is the final committee to review all curriculum changes and makes recommendations directly to the Provost. Regardless of the recommendation from the UCC, the Provost makes the final curricular decision for all additions, deletions and changes to the University Catalog. The request forms below are to be used by Departments to request approval from the Provost through the curriculum review process.
The University Curriculum Council meets at 2:00 pm on the last Monday of January, February, March, April, August, September, October, and November. Agenda items must be submitted by the date listed in the table below to be considered at that month's meeting. If that date is a holiday, the forms are then due on the first day the University is open for business following the holiday. The calendar below indicates when Curriculum Change Request Forms must be received by the Chair of the UCC.
University Curriculum Council Calendar, 2022-2023
There are two deadlines for changes to the 2023-2024 University General Catalog. Please note that changes submitted after these deadlines will NOT appear in the 2023-2024 catalog. You may submit editorial changes through February 24, 2023.
- For the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education the deadline to submit proposals for changes to the 2023-2024 University General Catalog is January 20. Proposals will be considered at the January 30, 2023 University Curriculum Council meeting.
- For the Honors, Library, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, College of Science and Technology and Center for Student Excellence the deadline to submit proposals for changes to the 2023-2024 University General Catalog is February 24. Proposals will be considered at the March 6, 2023 University Curriculum Council meeting.
Curriculum Change Request Forms to be Submitted to the University Curriculum Council
To ensure you have the latest version of these Curriculum Change Request Forms, it is suggested that you do not download and save blank forms to your desktop. You may, however, save forms that you are working on or have completed to your desktop. Please read the form instructions located at the top of the form to make sure you print the form on the appropriate color of paper and route correctly.
Forms for Curriculum Changes:
- Request for Change in Catalog Entry (this version has no drop-downs)
- Request to Delete a Course (this version has no drop-downs)
- Request for a New Course (this version has no drop-downs)
- Request for Change in Existing Course (this version has no drop-downs)
- Request for Change in Program Mission Statement
Forms for Determining Significant Departure for SACSCOC:
- Creating a new or modifying an existing undergraduate concentration
- Creating a new or modifying an existing graduate concentration
- Creating a new or modifying an existing minor
The University Curriculum Council must recommend approval to the Provost for any changes to and/or addition or deletion of courses, catalog entries, or curriculum.
Any questions can be sent to email@example.com.