Top 10 Employee Responsibilities for Contractual Services
1. Comply with all personal, professional, consulting, and social service procurement laws (LA R.S.39:1481-1526), rules, regulations, policies, and procedures concerning the purchase of contractual services.
2. Solicit request for proposals for consulting service contracts of $50,000 or more, or for social service contracts of $250,000 or more annually (contact the Director of Purchasing for more details).
3. Remember service contracts up to $2,000 may be negotiated and signed by a faculty or staff employee.Contracts in excess of $2,000 up to $20,000 may be negotiated by a faculty or staff employee, but must be signed by the Provost or a Vice President. Contracts in excess of $20,000 may be negotiated by a faculty or staff employee, but must be signed by the President.
4. Divide no service contract to smaller contracts of $2,000 or less, or divide a contract over $20,000 to avoid processing and approvals at the University of Louisiana System, the Office of Contractual Review, and State Civil Service for some contracts.
5. Respect statutory restrictions prohibiting contracted services with a faculty or staff member or other non-faculty state employee, or Code of Governmental Ethic conflicts with an immediate family member or with a former employee terminating employment within a two (2) year period.
6. Submit service contracts in excess of $2,000 up to $20,000 to the Purchasing Department at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the designated start date of the contract, and submit service contracts in excess of $20,000 to the Purchasing Department at least sixty (60) calendar days prior to the designated start date of the contract.
7. Include all additional documentsin the Financial System requisition with the contract that may be required. (i.e., board resolution, disclosure of ownership, resume, etc.)
8. Complete a Goals, Performance Measures, Monitoring Plan for all service contract classes in excess of $5,000.
9. Approve services rendered or completed by contractor in Financial System in a timely manner for system processing and applicable invoices. Forward contractor invoice (if required) to the Payables Department immediately after progress point or final services rendered.
10. Send a completed performance evaluation report of contractor performancefor contracts greater than $2,000 to the Purchasing Department within thirty (30) days after termination date of the contract.