Spring 2021 Intramural Guidelines
In line with current state and public policies, Southeastern Louisiana University Intramurals will adhere to the guidelines listed below.
All Intramural Sports and Events
- All participants, staff and spectators will wear a mask at all times. (indoor or outdoor)
- Spectators will be limited for each sport
- All sign ups must be done on IMleagues prior to the event. All rosters must be filled out in their entirety to verify student eligibility. You must show your student ID to play but will not turn in your student ID to staff.
- You will not be allowed to enter the park or court until 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- Intramural Staff will spray disinfectant, (clean) hard surfaces such as benches, chairs, and balls between games.
- In IMleagues, all participants must acknowledge the rules and guidelines. We will do a video this year with the COVID guidelines that they will watch and acknowledge for them to register for the event. They will also have to acknowledge the individual event rules as they normally would.
- An Intramural supervisor will be on site at all times overseeing that everyone is following the correct guidelines.
- Each intramural participant must receive a Rapid Covid Test on the same week as their scheduled game before they can play. Test will be administered by the University Health Center. Only participants who have a negative COVID test will be able to participate in their intramural game that night.
- To set up an appointment: you must download the NAVICA app. Also visit https://www.southeastern.edu/admin/health_ctr/ for more info.
Outdoor Sports (Softball at North Oak Park)
- We will have virtual captain’s meetings before the season starts to make sure everyone understands the new policies and guidelines.
- No group huddles between teams will be permitted on the field.
- Encourage physical distancing between teams in effect beyond the field of play.
- NO handshakes at the end of the game. NO high fives during the game.
- Only one game will be scheduled at a time.
- Games will last 45 minutes. The following game will start 15 minutes later. This allows everyone to leave before the next players arrive.
- EVERYONE attending games MUST wear a protective face covering.
- ALL players, coaches, spectators, and IM staff must always wear a protective face covering before, during, and after a game. This means while participating and in the dugout.
- The Assistant Director for Competitive Sports will be on site for the majority of the games and the Director will also be present during different times throughout the season.
- Entrance and exit procedures will be in place for accessing the courts.
- Social distance practices will be enforced while waiting to play your match.
- Only 50 spectators will be allowed into the gymnasium (event area) which is considered two courts. Chairs will be provided, staying six feet apart. The carpeted bleachers and metal bleachers will have tape marking the seating areas.
These guidelines are subject to change based on policies set forth by Governor John Bel Edwards, the Louisiana Department of Health, and the University of Louisiana system.
Start designing your intramurals uniforms and making your teams NOW!
Intramural Sports are designed to provide Southeastern Louisiana University students and employees who are members of the Student Activity Center an opportunity to participate in a variety of competitive sports in a safe, fun, and structured environment.
How to Sign Up for Intramural League Sports:
To create an IMLeagues account: **Note** IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
- Go to www.imleagues.com/SELU/Registration
- Enter your information, and use your School email if applicable (@southeastern.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should be automatically joined to your school – If not you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link
How to sign up for an intramural sport:
- Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
- Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your User Homepage page OR Click on the “Southeast Louisiana University” link to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play in (Men’s, Women’s, Co-Rec, etc.)
- You can join the sport one of three ways:
- Create a team (For team captains)
- Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the “Invite Members” link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
- If they’ve already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them
- If they haven’t yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the “Invite by Email Address” box, and input their email address.
- Join a team
- Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page
- Accepting a request from the captain to join his team
- Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to join
- Going to the captain’s playercard page, viewing his team, and requesting to join
- Join as a Free Agent
- You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you’d like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
Interested in Officiating?
Come officiate for us! We're always looking for talented student staff with a passion for sports and great attitudes! If interested, contact us at email@example.com.