Minutes from the April 9, 2019 Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
In Attendance: Committee members – Jazelle Harris, Alberto Valenzuela, Blake Luna, Donna Methvien, Mike Asoodeh, Jeff Temple, and Eric Summers were present. Jazelle Harris served as proxy for Richard Davis. Ryan Thomas served as proxy for Claudio Franc. Jasmine Washington and Shannon Sciortino were in attendance as well.
The meeting began at 8:05 a.m.
- The March 12, 2019 meeting minutes were reviewed. Jazelle Harris made a motion to approve the minutes. Blake Luna seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of approving this motion.
- Reports on Action Items:
- Surplus Computer Requests – Donna Methvien reported the transfer of the surplus units is in process.
- Wireless Network – Mike Asoodeh did send a report to the committee on the wireless network plan.
- Budget Correction – Shannon Sciortino did correct the date on the 2019-2020 budget.
- 2019-2020 STF Budget – Mike Asoodeh invited discussion on the proposed 2019-2020 STF Budget. Jazelle Harris made a motion to approve the proposed 2019-2020 STF Budget. Alberto Valenzuela seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will send a request to the President’s Office for a budget hearing.
- Fund Balance Proposal – A Fund Balance Proposal for solar dok tables is currently in the system awaiting approval. Mike Asoodeh reported that this project has also requested funds from SGA. Eric Summers reported that he has approved the funding from SGA, and the funds are now available. Action Item: Jazelle Harris will review the proposal and leave her comments.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Jazelle Harris. Ryan Thomas seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of this motion. The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 a.m.
- Next Meeting – The next meeting will be held during the summer semester and will be coordinated by Shannon Sciortino.