DMV mobile service center visiting campus Wednesday
Contact: Christina Chapple
HAMMOND – The Office of Motor Vehicles’ Mobile Customer Service Center will visit Southeastern Louisiana University April 29 to offer faculty, staff, students and campus guests a variety of services such as driver’s license renewal and voter registration.
The service is sponsored by the university and the Louisiana Department of Public Safety. The service center bus will be set up in the parking lot of McCliman Hall from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. during the university’s annual “Strawberry Jubilee” festival.
The following services will be provided on a cash only (no checks) basis:
▪ Driver’s license renewal or duplicate (Class E, $21.50; Class D, $36.50).
▪ New, renewal, or duplicate identification card ($18). Cards may be renewed up to 90 days before their expiration date. Free ID cards are issued to Louisiana residents 60 years or older with proper documents.
▪ Mobility impaired hang tag ($3)
▪ Name change ($13)
▪ Address change (free).
▪ Voter registration (free)
▪ Organ donation designation (free with duplicates or renewals of driver’s license or ID)
▪ Register and title vehicle (Prices vary)
▪ Renew license plate (Prices vary)
▪ Duplicate vehicle registration ($12) and title ($26.50)
▪ Cancel license plate (free)
Those using the service are asked to note that checks for vehicle transactions are only accepted if the name printed on the check matches the name on the vehicle registration. No debit or credit cards are accepted.
Also note that proof of current insurance is required for all driver’s license and vehicle registration transactions, if customer has a vehicle registered in his name. No testing or reinstatement issues can be handled at the mobile service center.