Industrial and Engineering Technology
The Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology strives to support the economic development of the region by providing a premier, industry-relevant, undergraduate education in Louisiana, rich in real-world-ready experiences, undergraduate research, and a mixture of theoretical and hands-on coursework.
- IT program (both BS and AAS degrees) received six years full accreditation through ATMAE. The two degrees are now accredited through 2025.
- Beginning Spring 2020, the department will increase its offering of late classes to accommodate employees and adult learners who aspire to further their education in IET.
- Laitram sponsors the Engineering Technology Senior Design project annually as part of a formal internship program.
- Performance Contractors sponsors development of Welding Technology / Materials Inspection Concentration in the Industrial Technology program.
- The OSH&E program was established at request of industry and in collaboration with GBRIA and industry stakeholders.
- The ET and OSHE programs are accredited by ABET, http://www.abet.org. The IT program is accredited by ATMAE, http://www.atmae.org.
DEGREES & CURRICULUM
IT program has a 50-year history of strong industry connections. In the process of developing a new concentration in Welding Technology/Materials Inspection.
ET program was inititated in 2009, it differs from a classic Engineering in that it is more applied and focused on applications of technology.
OSHE bachelor’s degree is one of only a few of its kind in the nation. Initiated in 2004 as a workforce demand-driven program.
Job Placement (Fall 2019)
Previous Semesters (prior to Fall 2019)
Learn More About the Department
Labor Day Holiday
Last day to withdraw of resign from University
Priority Registration for Spring 2020 Classes