Fall Gallery Schedule 2014
August 29 - October 1: Man and Nature
- Opening Reception: Thursday, August 29, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- This national exhibition examines Man's complex relationship to the natural world. The exhibition will include paintings, photography, sculpture, video art, and installations.
- Blade Wynne
- Jack Niven
- Sarah Cusimano Miles
- Raina Benoit
- Siodhan McBride
- Courtney Egan
September 14 - September 18: Annual Printmaking workshop: Sean Starwars
October 10 - November 11: Sign of our Times: Text Based Art in the 21st Century
- Opening Reception: Thursday, October 10, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sign of Our Times is a national group exhibition that explores the use of text in contemporary art and design in order to challenge or extend the meaning of a work of art. The exhibition will include the artwork of nationally recognized fine artists and graphic designers working in a variety of media.
- Ellen Rothenberg
- Sue O'Donnell
- Joel Ross
- Leah Floyd
- Wes Klin
- April Greiman
- Stephan Bruggemann
- Ray Phillips
- Michael Young
- Sang Mun
- Gail Swanlund
- Candy Chang
- Richard Doubleday
- Dana Gay
- Lisa Anderson
November 21 - December 14: Fall 2013 Senior Exhibition
- Opening Reception: Thursday, November 21, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
All events are free and open to students, faculty, and the general public.
The gallery located at 100 East Stadium, next to Clark Hall at the end of Spruce Street.
For more information, contact the gallery at 985-549-5080.
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Professor, Gallery Director
The Southeastern Louisiana University Contemporary Art Gallery is devoted to the presentation of national and regional exhibitions of contemporary art, lectures and workshops. The gallery is part of the Fine and Performing Arts Department and as such provides a forum for contemporary art for students, the city of Hammond and residents of the North Shore.
Exhibitions and educational programs at SLUCAG connect students with opportunities to engage with artworks and artists while giving them insight into current directions in contemporary art.
Download: Exhibition Proposal Form
Ph (985) 549-5080