Miss Southeastern Interest
Are you interested in apply for the title of Miss Southeastern?
The Miss Southeastern Louisiana University pageant organization follows the same guidelines for the judging process that are set forth by the Miss America Organization.
Below you will find all the qualifications, deadlines, and paperwork needed to apply.
To compete you must:
- Enrolled full time at Southeastern Louisiana University
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in Southeastern for the entire year of reign
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
As of June 5th, 2018 there are major changes coming to the Miss America pageant system. This includes all portions of the competition and judging scores. Find the latest announcement here.
The Miss America Preliminary Competitions and their weighted score values are:
- Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit - 10%
- Evening Wear - 15%
- Talent - 30%
- Private Interview - 25%
- On-Stage Question - 20%
Application Process and Documents
Once all documents are complete, email them to CAB@southeastern.edu or bring them into the CAB office in the Student Union room 2302
- Miss Southeastern Preparation Workshop - Oct 2, 2018
- Deadline for Miss Southeastern Application - Oct 15, 2018
- Mandatory Contestant Meeting and Headshots - Oct 19, 2018
- Music deadline - Nov 1, 2018
- 2nd Mandatory Contestant Meeting - Nov 9, 2018
- Children’s Miracle Events - November 13-17, 2018
- Children’s Miracle Network Deadline – Nov 17, 2018
- Rehearsals - Nov 26, 27, 28, & 29, 2018
- Pageant - Friday, Nov 30, 2018
*For the Miss Southeastern Louisiana University pageant not all forms are required as are required to compete in the Miss Louisiana state pageant.