Name Change Request
A student may file a request for a preferred or legal name change with the Office of the Registrar.
Preferred name changes apply to first and/or middle names only. The University reserves the right to remove preferred names that are deemed misrepresentative and to suspend the individual's privilege to update a preferred name.
Legal name change requests must be accompanied by copies of supporting documentation:
Social Security Card (needs to include your new name and signature)
Legal documentation authorizing the name change:
- Marriage (copy of marriage license)
- Divorce (copy of divorce decree)
- Court Order (copy of court order)
- Other reasons (copy of legal documentation to be reviewed)
You may download a Legal Name Change Form and submit it, along with the required documents, to email@example.com.
- If you are currently enrolled, your legal name will not be changed on university records until the end of the current school session. Therefore, please continue to use the name under which you registered throughout this current school session.
- Changes to your preferred name will be implemented in LEONet and Moodle immediately. Please communicate this change to your instructors.
- You may request an updated Southeastern ID card through Campus Card Operations, located in North Campus Main Building Annex, room 133.
- If you have applied for graduation and would like your diploma name updated, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from your Southeastern email account.