Minutes from the March 16, 2017 Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
In Attendance: Committee members – Erin Fernandez, Bryce Carpenter, Eric Summers, Mike Asoodeh, Jeff Temple and Donna Methvien. Aaron Johnson gave his proxy to Erin Fernandez. Myranda Triche gave her proxy to Bryce Carpenter. Due to the absence of one student, Mike Asoodeh abstained from voting so that students would have the majority vote. Also in attendance was Shannon Sciortino.
The meeting began at 3:30 p.m.
- The February 16, 2017 meeting minutes were reviewed. Erin Fernandez made a motion to approve the minutes.
Bryce Carpenter seconded the motion. The vote was 7-0 in favor of approving this
- Reports on Action Items:
- Equipment Checkout Agreement – Donna Methvien reported that Nettie said they could go through the Office of Student Conduct for situations where students do not return check out equipment. They treat the fines for missing equipment in the same manner as judicial fines. They will post the fine to the student’s account and add it to their fee bill and holds. We will need to provide documentation in case the account balance is turned over to the Attorney General’s Office. Action Item: Donna will turn over to Student Conduct the graduating student who currently has an outstanding laptop. The student’s degree/transcripts can be held. Action Item: Donna will email a recommendation to the STF Committee to send students to Student Conduct when they do not return check out equipment. Asoodeh can then send it to the President’s Office.
- Small Projects – Shannon Sciortino did notify the Small Project grant recipients of their awards.
- Software Installation – Donna Methvien did have the software installed.
- Surplus Computers – Donna Methvien did have the computers installed.
- Wireless – Mike Asoodeh reported the wireless will be working in Popeye’s by the end of tomorrow. All residence halls now have wireless installed.
- Software Installation Form – Donna Methvien suggested the software installation form be updated to remove the dates by which requests must be received. It is no longer applicable because the machines are virtualized. Erin Fernandez made a motion to have the form updated. Bryce Carpenter seconded the motion. The vote was 7-0 in favor of approving this motion Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will update the form and load it to the web.
- Surplus Equipment – Donna Methvien submitted a list of obsolete and/or broken equipment for surplus. A motion was made by Donna Methvien to surplus this equipment to Property Control. Erin Fernandez seconded the motion. The vote was 7-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Donna Methvien will send the equipment to surplus.
- Fund Balance – Mike Asoodeh reported that nobody has submitted any changes to the proposed Fund Balance 2017-2018. Erin Fernandez made a motion to approve the Fund Balance spending plan for 2017-2018. Bryce Carpenter seconded the motion. The vote was 7-0 in favor of approving this motion.
- 2017-2018 STF Budget – Mike Asoodeh reviewed the proposed 2017-2018 STF Budget. The committee will vote on this budget at the next meeting. The Provost has been working with the Deans to suggest that their 2017-2018 small and large projects be focused on A/V classrooms and wireless needs.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Erin Fernandez. Eric Summers seconded the motion. The vote was 7-0 in favor of this motion. The meeting was adjourned at 3:54 p.m.
- Next Meeting – The next meeting will be held April 13, 2017.