The Department of Computer Science at Southeastern Louisiana University is committed to preparing students to be nationally competitive both in the workforce and in graduate studies. We focus on providing students with the skills and experience to prepare them for a career in technology. Our instruction in hardware, software, theoretical principles, and industry practices enables graduates to compete in both the workforce and graduate studies. Especially, our graduates are so highly sought after by businesses in the state.
Our committed, highly qualified and gifted faculty at the department is well-positioned to develop talent that will meet the needs of the 21st century economy. Our faculty members have worked tirelessly to prepare our students for the best jobs. With enrollment that has more than doubled over the past decade, Southeastern's highly-regarded Computer Science and Information Technology programs are recognized as a leader among and one of the state's fastest-growing computing and information technology programs.
Located in a newly-constructed 70,000 square-foot Computer Science and Technology Building, which encompasses modern, high-tech classrooms and specialty labs, Computer Science at Southeastern is poised for continued program expansion. Furthermore, the department stands ready as pivotal partners in Louisiana's growing technology sector.
In fact, Southeastern Louisiana University serves as one of the lead higher education institutions through a public-private partnership to meet workforce demands created by the arrival of DXC Technology, the world's leading independent Information Technology (IT) services and solutions company, in southeast Louisiana. We are a pivotal part of the $25 million higher education initiative to meet workforce demands and expand the number of degrees awarded annually in computer science, management, science and technology, engineering and math, or other STEM-related studies facilitated by Louisiana Economic Development, the State of Louisiana.
- Offers concentrations with an emphasis on scientific, applied, and business.
- Data Science concentration will be offered starting in Fall 2020.
- MS in Data Science will be offered as a new discipline of study in ISAT in Fall 2020.
- 2,000 IT jobs from private-public partnerships for our graduates.
- Graduates have an average starting salary of over $52,000.
- Offers a Masters Degree in Integrated Science and Technology with computer science and information technology concentrations.
- Provides opportunities to connect with faculty for undergraduate research.
DEGREES & CURRICULUM