Thursday, November 4, 2021
10 am - 3 pm
- Log into Handshake using your @selu.edu email and password.
- Complete or update your Handshake profile.
- Register for the Career Fair and sign up for group and 1:1 sessions to interact with employers.
A virtual format will enhance the experience, allowing you to:
- MEET WITH EMPLOYERS: Interact with recruiters through video, audio, or chat.
- NEVER WAIT IN LINE: Pre-schedule 1:1 or Group sessions with employers ahead of the fair or on the day of the event.
- DISCOVER NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: By filling out your profile completely, Handshake will populate your page with open job recommendations that match your major, interests, and skills.
- MAKE AN IMPRESSION: Bring your unique perspective to the table, ask great questions, and follow up with recruiters after the fair.
Who Can Attend Career Fair?
All Southeastern Students and Alumni are invited to attend. However, the event is mainly intended for alumni and those students within three semesters of graduation. There is no cost for you to attend.
Why Should I Attend Career Fair?
Because often times in life "it's not what you know but who you know,"
Career Fair is an excellent opportunity for students and alumni to:
Identify employment opportunities
Expand your network
Learn industry information, and/or
Land a full-time career or internship
How Should I Prepare for Career Fair?
This is your opportunity to make a lasting first impression on important people in
major companies by Dressing for Success.
Click here to view our Career Fair dress guidelines.
Have a well-written resume.
Separate yourself from the rest of the job hunters with an organized, well-written resume that professionally displays your education, skills and experience. Start by accessing the Resume Assistance section of the Career Services' website to develop your resume. Then, bring a hard copy of your resume to a Pre-Fair Emergency Resume Clinic and receive a quick, 10-minute review of your resume!
Prepare to ask intelligent and important questions.
This will really knock 'em dead! Asking intelligent questions shows that you are serious about your job search, and in doing so, you will gain a tremendous amount of respect from the employer. Researching websites of employers you plan to target at Career Fair can help you develop good questions to ask. Check out these great Etiquette Tips for more info.
Does the Job Search End at Career Fair?
NO! If you discover a company you are interested in pursuing a career with, do not assume that they will contact you. In all likelihood, they will not. Because of the number of students they interact with, employers will not be able to remember everyone and they certainly will not call all of them back.
To be successful in the job market, you must be persistent and keep yourself on the employer's mind. You must take the initiative and follow-up with those companies you are interested in. Begin with a note thanking them for talking with you at Career Fair. Tell them how nice it was meeting them and how much you enjoyed discussing all of the job opportunities with their organization. Let them know you would be interested in interviewing with them. Remember, "the early bird gets the worm."