Meditation Room-Available beginning Tuesday, Jan. 17th 2023
Location: Tinsley Lounge (1st Floor)- 301 Ned McGehee Dr., Hammond, LA70402
Hours of Operation: M-TH (10 AM- 4:30 PM)
General Information & Guidelines
Southeastern Louisiana University welcomes students to the Meditation Room, located in Tinsley Lounge. The Meditation Room officially opens on the first day of Spring 2023 classes on Tuesday, January 17th. This space is intended to be a quiet space dedicated to those who seek to pray, meditate, or reflect. This is another example of cross-cultural education, diversity, and acceptance of the freedom of having a space for interfaith on our campus.
Please see the following guidelines:
- The Southeastern Louisiana University Meditation Room is to be used for prayer/meditation and religious observances. Please respect the requirement for a peaceful, quiet atmosphere.
- Be mindful of religious customs that may require individual prayer and limited contact during isolated prayer with those of the same identified gender, etc.
- The use of fire, including lit candles or incense of ANY KIND, is NOT permitted in the Meditation Room or surrounding spaces.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Meditation Room. Exceptions due to religious ceremonies may be permitted, as approved by Multicultural and International Student Affairs or the Office for Student Engagement.
- Please remove all personal items and trash upon exiting the room.
- Please return all items to their original location (ex: Germ-X goes back to the sanitation shelf, etc. )
- Furniture must remain in the facility and be restored to its original position.
- Symbols of faith must be removed after each individual or group usage, and the overall tone of the room shall be religiously neutral.
- Any damages to space or equipment or other concerns must be promptly reported to the Office for Student Engagement, or the Multicultural and International Student Affairs at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact the Office of Multicultural and International Student Affairs at email@example.com. or the Office for Student Engagement at 985-549-2120, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For emergencies, call University Police at 985-549-2222.