Ace the Interview
Don't assume you can simply walk into an interview and answer a few questions. Ask
any recruiter and they will tell you that preparation and practice are key to a successful
interview. The information found here is designed to help you discover and then communicate
to the employer in an interview what you have to offer their organization.
Top 10 Reasons to Hire Me »
How to Research Companies »
Avoiding Interview Mistakes »
Professional Dress Guidelines »
Sample Interview Questions and Answers »
Appropriate and Inappropriate Questions for You to Ask »
Behavioral Interviewing »
The Phone Interview »
Post Interview Tips »
Second Interview Preparation »
Job Search Guides for Specific Majors
Visit our Big Interview software that provides free, online interview practice for Southeastern students and registered alumni. Create your free account with your Southeastern email. With Big Interview you will have access to a variety of tools including the following:
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- Virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A step-by-step Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job and succeeding in a new role
- The ability to rate and share interview answers for feedback
Once you have reviewed the resources found here, our Career Counselor is available to administer a mock interview and provide you with some final suggestions and feedback before you meet with an employer. Contact our office at (985) 549-2121 or email email@example.com for more information.
Appointments with a Career Counselor for interview services are available to Juniors, Seniors, Master's Students, and Alumni only.