Name Change Request

A student may file a request for a name change with the Office of the Registrar. Name change requests must be accompanied by copies of supporting documentation:


  1. Social Security Card (needs to include your new name and signature)

  2. Legal documentation authorizing the name change:

  • Marriage (copy of marriage license)
  • Divorce (copy of divorce decree)
  • Court Order (copy of court order)
  • Other reasons (copy of legal documentation to be reviewed)


You may download a Name Change Form and submit it, along with the required documents, to


Important note: If you are currently enrolled, your new name will not be changed on university records until the end of the current school session. Therefore, please continue to use the name under which you registered throughout this current school session.