Student Government Association
The Student Government Association is here to serve the students of Southeastern Louisiana University through communication between students, administration, and the community. SGA hosts educational and social events, and offers numerous services that contribute to the advancement of the University and its students.
2022 - 2023 SGA President 2022 - 2023 SGA Vice President 2022 - 2023 SGA Chief Justice
Baileigh Picou Josh Freeman Michala Torres
SGA Scholarship for Student Advancement
Applications for the SGA Scholarship for Student Advancement are open. The scholarship will benefit students falling into one or more of the hardship categories below:
- Students with chronic illness or disability
- International students facing finacial hardships
- Parents with low income
- Students who are homeless or facing hunger insecurity
-Students who are victims of domestic violence
Applications can be found here, and must be submitted by December 5th, 2022.
2022-2023 SGA Branch Member Applications Now Available!
Why Join SGA?
- Have a voice in your college experience - Students will be the voices of their peers and advocate for changes, transparency, and improvements.
- Enhance your leadership skills - SGA members will act as communication liaisons between students, faculty, and alumni.
- Gain teamwork experience - Students will facilitate Meetings and provide resources for the entire student body with student assessed fees.
- Give back to the community - SGA provides community services through Homecoming Week and one of the largest SGA events on campus, The Big Event. SGA provides free scantrons, bluebooks, pens, and pencils in the Office for Student Engagement.
- Work with a diverse group of students - SGA is composed of students from each college, every classification, and from all over the US and the world.
- Learn about campus finances - SGA is responsible for Departmental, Organizational, Travel, and Capital Outlay grants. We encourage students to get involved to learn more about what projects are happening around campus with their student assessed fees.