Academic Advising

Getting Advised for Courses

During your first year at Southeastern all Industrial and Engineering Technology majors
are advised by the Office of First-Year Success. Your SE 101 instructor is your advisor for your first two semesters. Every semester after that the Department of Industrial and Engineering Technology
is responsible for advising.

All students must be advised each semester to have the registration hold removed.
If a student does not yet have an assigned advisor they can come to the Industrial
and Engineering Technology office or call 985-549-2189 to be assigned a faculty advisor
in their concentration or area of interest. Appointments can be scheduled with the
advisor in person or the student can use the on-line advising system (watch the video
and see the fillable advising forms below).

The following resources may be helpful:

Who is my Advisor?

  • You should have received an email from your advisor.

  • Check who your advisor is?
  • Still not sure? Contact the main office: 985-549-2189



Online Advising System

The fillable forms below offer more details and guidance and is the preferred method
of advising in IET.


Fillable Advising Forms

How to use these fillable forms?


Bachelor of Science Degrees:

Automated Systems IT

Drafting Design IT

Supervision IT

Welding Technology IT

Computer ET

Construction ET

Electrical Energy ET

Mechanical ET

Mechatronics ET

Occupational Safety, Health, & Environment

Associate of Applied Science Degrees:

Construction Technology AAS

Design/Drafting AAS

Occupational Safety, Health and Env. AAS

Supervision AAS


Transfer Courses

If you have questions about transfer courses and if they will count in your degree
completion sheet, you must speak with a Program Coordinator or the Department Head. You
must provide the course description (and syllabus if possible) so that we can best
determine if the course will count in our curricula.

Contact information for the Program Coordinators and Department can be found here.

Course Substitutions

  • Course Substitutions will only be considered prior the semester in which the course
    is to be taken. Approval must be granted from the Department Head and also the Dean’s
    Office before the course is taken. Transfer course substitutions must be requested
    during the student’s first semester at Southeastern.